Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Craving American food

The food on this trip has been fabulous and first class. I've eaten stuff I probably would not have otherwise: veal, cow's tongue, creamy pea soup, chicken wrapped in mushrooms and spinach, salmon among others. The thing I've hated the most was the gassy water, even after a British student showed me how to get most of the gas out of it. It still about made me gag. Bought chocolate in Germany (Milka-thanks to Sandra's advice) and Poland (Wedel) for the family and hope all the bars make it to Ohio. However we all are beginning to crave American food. When we flew from Israel to Frankfurt Germany on July 9, we had enough time at the airport most of us hit the American type food places. I went to Burger Ranch for a cheeseburger and fries, others hit the pizza place. Forget about trying something famous from that country -- I wanted junk. We've seen McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Subway and Burger King in all these countries, but have not stopped at one. So here are the things I haven't eaten since leaving Ohio on June 30-- potato chips, ice cold drinks with actual ice in them, milk, and cheddar cheese. I last had a Mountain Dew on July 3 and when I tried the one I bought in Poland this morning either I lost the taste for it or it tastes crappy here. So looking forward to junk food.

No comments:

Post a Comment